Thursday, October 31, 2013

Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg


I literally read this one straight through this past Sunday on the couch!!! That's right. I admit it. I love how Fannie Flagg writes. (You remember Fried Green Tomatoes, don't you?). At any rate, my eyes had to adjust to seeing long distance by the end of the day but it was all worth it.

Why? Because you'll get involved with the characters from the get go in this novel. You wont want to leave them even to get a cup of tea or fulfill a bathroom break. But necessities will call and your couch will stay warm for you as you dash back to continue reading about the folks who live in the small town of Elmwood Springs (meets Bedford Falls).

I won't give it all away but life in Elmwood has been touched by Mrs. Elner Shimfissle (where did Fannie get that one?) with her wisdom and kindness to all her neighbors, relatives and strangers. Did she ever meet a stranger?

What would we do without her?

That's the question.

Also the question is, "What comes first ... the chicken or the egg?"

Enjoy this heartwarming read. It would be a good one for the upcoming holidays. I found mine ... you guessed it ... at my Goodwill store.




No comments:

Post a Comment