Sunday, November 30, 2014

Kingdom of the Golden Dragon by Isabel Allende

 
Don't you love the cover of this book? I received this story on loan from a friend. I wondered if I would like this book because I had previously tried to read two other books by this person, also given to me by the same friend, and I was leary about its' magnetism. But I didn't have to worry long. As I began to read I kept turning the pages and wanted to keep turning the pages. I wanted to sit longer in the morning with my cup of coffee or in the late afternoons with a cup of tea. I wanted to turn the TV off earlier at night so that I could go to my bedroom and read under the warm covers in the quiet of the winter night.
 
Now I will have to go out and find the two other books which go with this tale as they form a trilogy.
 
This is the second book. It is about a grandmother who takes her grandson and eventually a young friend of his as well on a journey to the Kingdom of the Golden Dragon. You learn that there are such things as Yetis and that you can transport yourself, by concentrated meditation, outside your body in order to fly among the wind. Is that really true? I do not know. You will have to make up your own mind. I do know that there are things that have been done as old as time and an open mind allows one to "see". It's a bit scary I think. What do you think?
 
At any rate, you will enter a Forbidden Kingdom in the Himalayas where a King has ruled for centuries and only he and his heir can know how to unlock the Golden Dragon's secrets. Who doesn't like that idea? But there are those who want to take what is not theirs and the Kingdom may find that it is no longer at peace.
 
I think you may like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment