Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer

Usually I have an image of the front cover of the book I have just read pasted at the top of my comments, but PhotoElements is trying to be troublesome this morning. You will just have to imagine it instead. Picture Jeffrey's name in bold, shiny gold raised letters on top of the cover against a greyish background. Below is the appearance of a pointed, black fence and further near the bottom of the cover is the title in simple, white letters.

This book was a gift to my Dad from me for Christmas. One of the few books/favorite authors I found for him at my Goodwill. He told me that he stayed up one night just to finish it so I knew it would be a good read. Therefore when I was in the process of devouring my mother's all time favorite book, I put it down in order to read this one. I knew my mother's would only simmer on my side table and only get more tantalizing like a good meal, which is always worth anticipating.

A Prisoner of Birth is a story about two young men and how destiny brings them together in a prison cell. Another person is in the cell as well, but he is a strong, quiet presence who becomes the thread that sews these two lives together. Is it destiny? Can one say that a jail cell is one's destiny which turns one's life around from poverty to riches?

But when two of those people in that tiny space begin to transform and could pass for brothers or even each other, then the stage is set. One's release becomes anothers freedom and even the courtroom cannot banish the truth. The truth will make one free and imprison others.

Check this book out of the library or borrow it off someones bookshelf like I did and get ready for a great read. You may be burning the midnight candle with this one so go ahead and get out the book of matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment