Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Long Way Home by Robin Pilcher

 
Here is a book that my father received for Christmas this year. Once he finished it he passed it along to me so that I could enjoy it too. We like sharing books. It's something we can talk about and it's a passion that my mother enjoyed as well.

It's a link that binds us.
 
Some of you may know that Robin is Rosamonde Pilcher's son. If you didn't know that already then you do now! And as you know by now, if you have been reading my blog, that Rosamonde is my father's all time favorite writer. So it came naturally to like her son's books.

This story is set in a very small town where some grow up and stay forever but some leave to explore the great beyond or escape from their own history. For some it is a long way home but once they arrive they realize that their fears were unfounded. And the love that they had for someone in particular is still strong. It had not faded with time. Time did not heal all but rather the merging once again of heart and soul was the healer that smoothed the past and its wrinkles.

I think you'll enjoy this book!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment