Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Solomon Curse by Clive Cussler



I was in the grocery store and decided to go down the magazine/book aisle for the fun of it. After all I knew I was almost at the end of the book I was presently reading and due to time constraints could not go to Goodwill. So I paid the big bucks for this paperback and it was worth it. I can pass it along to my father who also likes Clive Cussler.


I have always enjoyed Mr. Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels so to read a Sam and Remi Fargo one sounded like a plan to me. I liked the picture on the front cover too. As you might know I have an Anthropology Minor so I like all things archaeological. Who doesn't like unearthing treasure? Or civilizations? Etc.


This story is set in the Solomon Islands. Duh, right?


The adventurous married couple of Sam and Remi Fargo are on another adventure uncovering what could be a lost civilization that was engulfed under a tidal wave due to an earthquake. To find the city you have to be a diver and it looks like the natives weren't interested in diving that deep or they just didn't have the money to hire a big research ship and professionals to help out. But the Fargos are made of money so in comes the ship and professionals and before you know the whole island is in unrest but not because of the reasons you may think.


Thus one has to keep reading to find out the real deal to all the killings, mystery, myth and/or reality behind the lines in someone's old journal that only a language guru can decode. We like that too. Keys that unlock the truth that are in a diary? That's good stuff.


So catch this one if you want a good and fast paced read in which you won't be bored.




No comments:

Post a Comment