Wednesday, March 23, 2022

 



Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark


This book was published in 1994 and it could still be a "#1 New York Times Bestseller". On the last page of this book that I retrieved from my neighborhood's Little Library, it reads: "Mary Higgins Clark, America's Queen of Suspense". I have to agree. 

This past Sunday I sat in my backyard in the warm Spring sun and read and read. And read. When a cool breeze sent me inside, I continued to read to the last page. That is how good Mrs. Clark's story was to me as I turned page after page while she weaved her suspense in a web around my brain and I continually asked myself, "Who killed her? Or was it an accident?" I wanted to know.

If you are an aspiring writer, I would suggest reading this book to garner how to keep a reader's curiosity in one's storytelling so that the reader doesn't want to put your book down. I know I will need to read Remember Me again and possibly take notes!

Enjoy! And push everything off your list of things to do as you will not want to do anything but sit in your backyard and read this book all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment