Sunday, February 9, 2014

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple


Howdy folks! It's been awhile I know since I wrote about a book I have read but there was Thanksgiving, then Christmas and after Christmas and things to do in January that didn't get done in December and then it had to go on the February list.

But here we are! Phew!!

So I have read this book (and others that I cannot remember at this time because I also cleaned out my book shelves since the last blog post). And this book is good and yet different. You will ask yourself, "Do people really live like this?" And I suppose the answer is, "Yes."  Maybe it's you.

At any rate, this family of three live very differently, think differently, have high powered, creative jobs but end up having the same problems us boring folk have. So what's the deal? How you cope with your problems and differences or rather accept each other's idiosyncracies? Maybe. I don't know.

But you will find out where Bernadette went and why. So the book does answer that one problem for you. The rest? You're on your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment