Monday, February 24, 2014

THE SPINSTER SISTERS by Stacey Ballis


Another one I picked off the shelves at my local Goodwill. Why did I pick this one? Take a look at the cover. Looks like fun plus I liked the title. Spinster sisters? Questions began to enter my mind. Why are they spinsters? How old are they? Really old? Or what? And if they are old then why did they never get married?

My curiosity made me want to find out. It didn't matter to me that it was "seen on Rachel Ray". I just thought it would be a good read. And it was.
It kept me entertained over a rainy few days and some quiet nights when I was full of the Olympics and just didn't feel like skiing down a fast and dangerous mountain nor moving a hockey puck over cold ice bundled up in ten layers of padding. Snooze.

So, am I going to tell you the answers to all the questions I had? No. Obviously. Duh. That's up to you to find out when you read this book by Stacey Ballis who also gives tidbits of advice on singlehood and how to deal with boy friends, your family and your sister. Basically life in general and you in particular.

In a nutshell?

Be honest and also spell it out what you need because no one has ESP. Well no one that you may know at any rate. Go with the notion that no one does and then you may be happier because you will get what you ask for and you wont get what you don't. It's that simple.

In other words, I CAN'T READ YOUR MIND! and no one can read yours and you can't read minds either. Can you?

Communication, communication, communication. (That word looks weird when spelled over and over as if it is a little engine that could trying to chug along a flat line. Come on, you can do it!)

As an after thought, since you can't read my mind, I really love going to the Goodwill. You never know what you'll find. There's a lot of Grisham and King and authors that are well known. I am trying to gravitate towards those that don't fall off my tongue as readily as Good Morning and Have A Nice Day. Trying to take the paths least trodden because sometimes they take me to very interesting places that have been spun out of interesting minds and imaginations.

It's fun. And I can't wait to tell you about the book I am reading now.




No comments:

Post a Comment