Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce

I have joined my neighborhood's newly formed book club and this is the latest selection we had to read. I have to say that it really affected me and I have changed a few things in my life.

This book is a pilgrimage, a journey, a walk through Harold's emotions and thoughts as he suddenly decides to walk from his home one day to a woman he once worked with who is now dying of cancer. He believes that as long as he is walking towards her that she will live and perhaps recover.

But it is Harold that recovers. He recovers not only the meaning of his life, and unearths his own demons but heals one of his most cherished relationships.

I won't tell you if he saved his co-worker's life but he saves his own and touches other souls along his wandering path.

I think you may enjoy this read. I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment